Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The day before the feast....

Do I have anything bought? Of course not. That would require forethought. Not my strong point.

It's like my stamping, I do better in a pinch, prepping at the last minute. A reliable skill I learned from my upline, Tamarra, and apparently taught to her by her upline, Gwen. Through stamping with my friends I have found out this is a long line of tradition and I am happy to continue the process. At any time before a swap I can call my fellow stampers and ask " What project are you doing?" and get the reply, " I don't know, what are you doing?"

Humm???

So back to the feast.... No shopping done. So after work I will head to the store and get my supplies to make Broccoli a`la Ritz and jello with carrots and pineapple.
`
I have to confess the prospect of making the jello makes me sad, it was my Grandma's favorite, and the thought of her absence at the table fills me with pain that I cannot ease.

1 comment:

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

Well, my friend, let me tell you that your holidays won't ever be the same without your loved one. It does get easier as life goes on and each year passes. The 'missing of' is still very prevalent (even 10 years later), however, it becomes (to me at least) bittersweet memories.